Discover The Best Antivirus Of 2023 To Keep You Safe Digitally
Over 64% of Americans have, at least once, been affected by data breaches. Our personal information, like the bank account details, Social Security Numbers, etc., is always at high risk. The data that is breached is later available on the dark web, which can be used to ruin one’s personal as well as financial life. Personal information of multiple people with a high credit score can be easily stolen and available for sale on the dark web.
In fact, it is not just people. It is also organizations whose identity and personal information can be stolen. However, the cost is much higher when it comes to a company. Over $4.24 million worth of corporate data was stolen in 2021 alone.
So, installing the best antivirus of 2023 is extremely important. It is the one step you can take to ensure you are not a part of any of the abovementioned statistics.
Modern antivirus software has moved beyond detecting major viruses that protect your computer against malware and other attacks. There are hundreds of antiviruses available today in the market, and it is extremely hard to choose the best antivirus for 2023.
This is your guide to choosing the best antivirus of 2023.
Significance of antivirus
There are multiple reasons why one should start using antivirus software to protect their family as well as their data.
Most people use antivirus to ensure they are not accidentally going to download any viruses on their computers. Others use them to make sure they have a good firewall and virus and malware protection in their systems.
People also choose the best antivirus of 2023 to limit the overall amount of time they are willing to spend on the internet. They are looking to download only a few files in one go and ensure that these files are scanned for viruses before making it to the installation stage on their computers.
With good antivirus software, one’s chances of getting their computers infected are substantially lowered. The software can alert people when attempting to visit any unprotected or malicious websites. This helps people avoid giving away valuable information, like their bank account details and other personal data.
How much does antivirus software cost?
An antivirus software’s cost can depend on multiple factors and features, like how many devices it can protect, the length of its subscription, etc. Usually, the cost for an annual antivirus subscription can be between $30-$40 a year for as many as five devices.
Best Antivirus of 2023 - Things To Look For
Before choosing any antivirus software, here are a few things you should be looking out for:
- Check whether the antivirus company has a great track record
- Read all reviews carefully. Notice all the positives and negatives before choosing one
- Ensure your antivirus software is compatible with your operating and computer system
- Ensure the software is great at blocking all threats on a real-time basis in your browser
- Look for the extra features you need, like a VPN or parental control, etc.
You should consider getting a network router with antivirus software built in. A few mesh WiFi systems have integrated protection available. The same goes for high-end routers.
Now with all this information and details out of your way, let’s learn more about the best antivirus of 2023.
- It comes with a comprehensive set of features, even the free versions
- It can completely detect all kinds of viruses and malware
- It has a behavior-based malware detection
- It offers a few extra features like VPN and password manager
- No live chat or phone support for users using the software for free
- iOS application comes with only a few features
- A security flaw from 2019 allowed some hackers to spy on the users’ browsing data.
- Extremely affordable, with an introductory price starting at just $14.99
- Round-the-clock live chat and phone support
- Great ratings on Android and iOS app stores
- Comes with a lot of extra features like parental controls, cloud backup, etc.
- Prices tend to double after the first year
- The company has faced a class-action suit in the past because of alleged security breaches
- It does not offer a great desktop app experience
- The company allegedly is known to collect user data and share it with third parties
- Antivirus packages with an introductory price of just $19.99
- Can detect threats on a real-time basis
- Fully-customizable firewall protection
- The app can be easily navigated
- Lengthy scan time
- An alleged security breach in 2019 by Russian hackers
- Real-time scans have sometimes affected the overall performance of the system
- Frequent notifications as you turn off a few features
- Can perfectly detect all kinds of viruses
- Can offer protection to 15 devices at once
- Antivirus packages starting at just $29.99 during the first year
- Has a behavior-based malware detection
- There is a history of security breaches in the past, affecting users’ privacy
- Low ratings on the iOS app store
- Zero free trials
- Prices tend to increase after the first year
Trend Micro Antivirus
- Good apps for iOS, Android, and Windows
- Privacy scanner for social media
- Windows’ Firewall Booster
- Subscriptions on a monthly and annual basis
- Mac OS App is clunky
- It needs a few computer system restarts during installation and updates
- The full scan option is not easily navigated
- It cannot be easily configured as an antivirus software
- Comprehensive protection against viruses
- It can be easily installed and downloaded on Mac
- Free versions for all - Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Can work on up to 10 devices at affordable prices
- No live chat support or phone support
- Pop-up ads can appear despite paying for the premium version
- Allegations of selling anonymized data of its users to other third parties
- An extensive data library
- A trustworthy, fully-reliable Windows app (NOD32)
- Can easily detect 80% of all threats and viruses
- Offers email scanning for Outlook and Windows Live Emails
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
- The user interface can be a bit cluttered, making it difficult to access the majority of its features
- NOD32 is a basic app when it is compared to other products from ESET
- Updates are less frequent
- The software is on the expensive side. It can cost you $39.99 for a year for a single device.
- Dedicated customer support based in the US
- Protects individuals as well as businesses
- No previous security breaches or lawsuits recorded
- Detects all kinds of widespread malware
- No money-back policy
- Personal subscription can only cover a single device
- The online help center is limited